QUB e-books accessibility
Queen's University Belfast library subscribes to e-books from different providers. This page collates the accessibility statements and information about online readers from some of QUB library's main e-book providers. There may be some issues relating to older content which is not in HTML format. If you are having problems with an e-book platform or would like us to raise any issues with e-book publishers, please contact either:
Sally Bridge, the Information Services Disability Co-ordinator
Tel: 028 9097 6145
According to Dawsonera's accessibility statement the platform complies with
- World Wide Web Consortium`s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (Level AA)
The online reader has been tested with:
- JAWS (latest version) + IE11 + Windows 7
- NVDA screen reader (latest version) +Firefox (latest version) + Windows 7
- Voiceover to perform screen reading using the OS/X 10.10 (Yosemite) + Mac + OS/X 10.9
- Voiceover to perform screen reading using the IOS 8 + iPhone, iPad Air & iPad Mini
For more information see Dawsonera's accessibility statement
According to Ovid, Ovid now complies with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Compliance Level AA, this in turn makes them 508 Compliant (a US federal law mandating that all electronic and information technology developed, procured, maintained, or used by the federal government be accessible to people with disabilities).
A screen reader should be able to navigate a visually impaired user through the product.