Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Construction Information Service
The Construction Information Service database provides access to building regulations, technical guides, reports, briefings and industry news from professional bodies related to UK building regulations, construction management and building design (incl. BSIRA, CIBSE, CIOB, CIRIA, RIBA, TRADA, etc.).
Access to this database requires a separate login:
- Find the Construction Information Service on the library catalogue: https://encore.qub.ac.uk/iii/encore/record/C__Re1000131
- Click on the “Resource” link
- Click the red Password button and type in your QUB ID card number and password. This will display a separate username and password for Construction Information Service.
- Take a note of the Construction Information Service username and password which are displayed on the screen and then click the QConnect button
- Enter the Construction Information Service username and password (not your QUB login details) and click the Login button
- Click The Construction Information Service - CIS:
Please note: British Standards are listed in the Construction Information Service database, but the documents are not included. You can access these standards via the British Standards Online database. Check the Standards and Eurocodes tab of this guide for more information.
Accessing Architects' Journal via Construction Information Service
You can also access recent volumes of the Architects' Journal via the Construction Information Service database.
- Log into the Construction Information Service as set out above.
- Then scroll down to the section entitled "Technical Resources"
- Click on Architects' Journal.
You can access JCT contracts online via the Construction Information Service database.
After logging in, please ensure that you click on the option to view "The Construction Information Service - CIS" rather than any of the other products offered. Then type in JCT and search.
Some NEC4 contracts and user guides can be downloaded here (QUB login required):
NEC4 user guides
Hardcopies of NEC3 and NEC4 contracts and guidance notes can be borrowed from the McClay Library. An additional set of NEC3 contracts and guidance notes is also available in the library for reference use.
NEC4: the contracts (catalogue link)
NEC4: user guide (catalogue link)
NEC3 : the contracts (catalogue link)
NEC3 : guidance notes and flow charts (catalogue link)
The Construction Information Service database provides access to a number of additional guides to JCT and NEC contracts.