Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Queen's University Belfast Library has purchased e-books from a variety of suppliers. They are catalogued individually and each catalogue record provides a link to the relevant full text source. This guide provides details of how to access e-books on a range of different platforms.
How can I find e-books using the Library Catalogue?
Use Library Catalogue to find individual titles available as e-books.
You can search for these by entering a keyword, title or author. Search results can be restricted to e-books using the Refine by panel on the left hand side and under Format selecting E-Book.
To access an e-book click on
→ Queen's Online Resource (Queen's Staff and Students Only)
Reading or downloading on campus?
**If you are using a computer on campus or on a shared workspace you should not select the option to download e-books.
**You should select the 'Read Online' option.
**You can download e-books to personal devices or computers. (You may need additional software, see the relevant tab for details.)
** Download period for e-books is usually 1 day.
Still having problems accessing e-books?
If you are experiencing a problem which is preventing you from accessing an e-book please provide:
- details of how you tried to access the e-book (QUB Library Catalogue, QUB LibGuides, database, Google etc.)
- details of the e-book you are trying to access
- whether you are on campus or off campus
- what browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge) you are using
- what operating system (Windows 10, Mac OS X etc.) you are using
- what device (PC, laptop, tablet, phone) you are using
- and a print screen of the error page (Alt + PrtScr) in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org